CALL TO THE 2016 ANNUAL VISIONING MEETING
Congregational Church of West Medford United Church of Christ
dba Sanctuary United Church of Christ
Sunday Worship, September 19, 2016
10:00 am – 12:00 noon
458 High Street, Medford, MA
Saturday Retreat, October 1, 2016
9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Location to be determined
The Officers and Leadership Circle of the Congregational Church of West Medford | Sanctuary UCC issue this call to the Annual Congregational Visioning Meeting as defined by our by-laws as follows:
The Annual Congregational Visioning Meeting shall be held between June and September, the purpose of which is to a) Review and assess the congregation’s mission, ministries, objectives and goals; and b) Make adjustments as called for from the dialogue and discernment. (Article IV. Section B)
The plan for the Visioning Meeting and Process will include:
September 19 Worship @ Sanctuary
(10:00 am to 12 noon)
- (10:00 – 11:00) Findings from recent Evaluations and Assessments (if you have not yet responded to the surveys, you may still do so through the links provided here)
- (11:00 – 12:00) A Time of Discernment guided by the question: Who are We Called to Serve?
October 1 Retreat @ location to be determined
(8:30 light breakfast; 9:00 am – 12 noon)
A Time of Discernment guided by the following questions:
- (09:00 – 10:00) What Has the Experiment Taught Us?
- (10:00 – 11:00) How Do We Worship?
- (11:00 – 12:00) What Ministries Does God and our Neighbors Need from Sanctuary?
The Congregational Visioning Meeting will be called to order on September 19, at the start of worship. The meeting will be tabled at the close of worship that day. The Meeting will be reopened at the start of the retreat on October 1.
Signed by Paul Roberts, Moderator and Bruce Roberts, Vice Moderator on behalf of the Leadership Circle
This meeting will be streamed via Fuze Meeting.
The Meeting ID is 31794754
To join the meeting online:
To join the meeting via telephone conference:
201.479.4595, enter Meeting ID