Church Council met Wednesday, June 25 and made several important decisions about the future which will keep us moving forward! These include the confirmation of spending that the congregation approved at the June 1 meeting.
We wanted to let you know about these big steps forward asap!
- As of Sunday, October 5, 2014 our 10 am Sunday Worship will move to the new ministry center at 458 High Street, Medford. We will continue to worship there on Sundays at 10 am until further notice. We will begin a deliberate congregational conversation about worship and music models that are called out of our vision, but will not try to complete that over the summer. That conversation will consider both the worship hopes and expectations of our current members, and those of the people who we seek to do ministry with who are not yet here; and we will prioritize the needs and preferences of those who are not yet here.
- Church Council approved a partnership arrangement with Rev. Tom Hathaway for a 5 Month “Consulting Contract” (July, Sept-Dec, 2014) to work with our congregation in three ministries areas. These include in partnership with North Prospect Union a) new, web based faith formation ministry; b) youth ministry and c) Mission and Justice Ministries. The proposal, Tom’s CV/Statement on Ministry and other details can be found here: http://medfordchurch.org/ministry-partnership-with-rev-tom-hathaway-and-north-prospect-union-ucc/
- Church council affirmed initial spending for Construction and Furnishings for the church offices and ministry center in the amount of $ 25,000.00. The design of the secure, air conditioned and handicap accessible space includes: a small office for the pastor, a church office, a small hospitality area with refrigerator and microwave, a handicap accessible restroom, a large basement storage area and a multipurpose meeting/gathering space which will seat 40 in cushioned “church chairs”. Further proposals are forthcoming for the costs associated with high quality Audio Visual System, Keyboard for worship, exterior signage and computer and other electronic upgrades. Watch for an invitation in mid July to take a field trip to the new digs!!
- Church council commissioned a By Law Team to address a new church organizational model and a complete revision of our bylaws—with the objective of being completed by Sept 1 and voted upon at a meeting of the governing body on Sept. 14. 2014.
- Church Council was advised that the sale of the building is progressing and is still scheduled to complete on September 30, 2014.